The Forerunner 35 is Garmin’s simple solution to gathering biometric training data during the simplest form of endurance training. It’s built to be a stand-alone GPS running companion that handles everything from heart rate monitoring to route mapping with no phone or ancillary heart rate strap or footpod needed. Garmin assures us that you can “Just put on the Forerunner 35 and go”; however, since it’s so unobtrusive and its benefits extend well beyond fitness training, chances are good you’ll already have it on. Since that’s the case, you can skip step one and proceed directly to “go.” The Forerunner 35 dials down the functionality of some of Garmin’s more expensive models, resulting in a simplified interface for tracking running and walking without the clutter of multisport features. It’s something of a bridge between the vivofit and Forerunner lines, combining biometric and lifestyle data with the added oomph of GPS tracking and route mapping. Compared to the vivoactive, it sacrifices multisport functionality while adding the above-mentioned heart rate monitor. If you’re primarily a pedestrian athlete, then the vivoactive’s golf, swim, and cycling modes won’t be missed. The heart rate monitor will prove invaluable, though, both during training sessions and your everyday life. While you’re logging workouts, the Forerunner 35’s GPS capabilities track distance and speed while mapping the route. While these features do extend to time in the saddle, the unit is designed primarily for running. The addition of Garmin Move IQ means the Forerunner 35 transitions seamlessly from running to walking while keeping a constant eye on steps taken. The optical, wrist-based heart rate monitor is a constant feature, though, and while it may not offer the precision of a trained medical professional constantly checking your pulse, it does keep you abreast of exertion levels including intensity minutes. This lets it manage interval training for you, letting you focus on exertion …
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- Built-in GPS – built-in to acquire satellites quickly to track how far, how fast and where you run, even under tree cover. No phone required!
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring – warm gives you heart rate all day and night -no additional Strap required
- Vibration alerts – helpful vibration alerts notify you of running prompts, activity tracking milestones, smart notifications and virtual pacing progress.
- Updated display perfect for indoor/outdoor viewing, smart connectivity auto uploads, smart notifications, live track, music controls and automatic software updates